Error validating access token?

Jul 26, 2012 at 5:01 PM

Just kicking the tyres with the Facebook powershell and its very cool. Well done.

One thing I noticed - and I've only done very minimal kicking so far - is the access token only seems to last for about 2 hours. After that you get the access token expired message. I was under the impression it would last for about 60 days - maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Thanks

Donal

Coordinator
Aug 1, 2012 at 6:09 AM

Thanks Donal! I know that there is a change to offline_access underfoot, but I had previously believed that it would be delayed until October. I will investigate ASAP, but that may not be for a couple weeks.

If you tell me more about your scenario, I'll see what else I can do to improve support.

Thanks,

Jon

Aug 2, 2012 at 10:36 PM

Hi Jon,

I was really just kicking the tyres and trying to understand the FB api (without having to write code!).
I had seen the entries about the offline_access and was under the understanding that Oct-ish was the timeframe.

Thanks

Donal

Coordinator
Aug 26, 2012 at 6:09 AM

Donal, I apologize for the delay. I have finally posted Alpha 0.6.4 with "New-FBConnection -ExtendToken" and "New-FBExtendedAccessToken". This should enable all FacebookPSModule users to work around the offline_access change. I don't know why offline_access removal seems to have already started kicking in, but please rebuild your tokens and let me know how this works for you (good or bad).

Aug 28, 2012 at 10:28 PM

Hi Jon,

Thanks for the update. I wont get a chance to try it out till next week.

Thanks again

Donal