Error validating access token?

Jul 26, 2012 at 4:01 PM

Just kicking the tyres with the Facebook powershell and its very cool. Well done.

One thing I noticed - and I've only done very minimal kicking so far - is the access token only seems to last for about 2 hours. After that you get the access token expired message. I was under the impression it would last for about 60 days - maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Thanks

Donal

Coordinator
Aug 1, 2012 at 5:09 AM

Thanks Donal! I know that there is a change to offline_access underfoot, but I had previously believed that it would be delayed until October. I will investigate ASAP, but that may not be for a couple weeks.

If you tell me more about your scenario, I'll see what else I can do to improve support.

Thanks,

Jon

Aug 2, 2012 at 9:36 PM

Hi Jon,

I was really just kicking the tyres and trying to understand the FB api (without having to write code!).
I had seen the entries about the offline_access and was under the understanding that Oct-ish was the timeframe.

Thanks

Donal

Coordinator
Aug 26, 2012 at 5:09 AM

Donal, I apologize for the delay. I have finally posted Alpha 0.6.4 with "New-FBConnection -ExtendToken" and "New-FBExtendedAccessToken". This should enable all FacebookPSModule users to work around the offline_access change. I don't know why offline_access removal seems to have already started kicking in, but please rebuild your tokens and let me know how this works for you (good or bad).

Aug 28, 2012 at 9:28 PM

Hi Jon,

Thanks for the update. I wont get a chance to try it out till next week.

Thanks again

Donal